Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tours & Travel Director hired

We’ve been working on this for awhile, but we want to tell you about Susan Cipollone. She’s our new tours & travel director, and she’s responsible for bringing in runners from other places. We’re tremendously excited about what we can offer to visiting participants. We’ll combine everything that is great about LA with a fantastic running experience to create the ultimate runner’s roadtrip.

This is what Susan told us:

“It's a thrilling time for the new L.A. Marathon, and I'm happy to be a
part of it. My experience in the running world started with the ING NYC
Marathon where I remained for eight years as the International Manager.
In this role, I worked in association with international tour operators
throughout the world who registered thousands of overseas participants
to the event. During my stint with the ING NYC Marathon, international
participation grew as additional countries were added.

“I'm looking forward to getting to work to promote the L.A. Marathon
throughout the world and welcoming many overseas participants.”

Nick

No comments: