Friday, January 9, 2009

Bill Orr hired as elite athlete coordinator

We’re proud to announce that Bill Orr is now part of our team. This will be a huge boost to our elite program, and we’re looking forward to seeing a great elite field at the starting line this year. Why don’t I let Bill tell you a little about himself, and stay tuned for an announcement of our prize purse.

“I am excited to be coming back to the LA Marathon after a two year absence as the elite athlete coordinator. In returning, I bring my thirty years of experience in recruiting elite athletes for such world class road racing events as Gasparilla 15k (Tampa), Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile (Washington, D.C.), Quad-City Times Bix 7 (Davenport, IA) and LA Marathon (2000-2006). I am delighted to be a part of this strong team that our highly respected race director, Nick Curl, has assembled. My long term goal for the LA Marathon is to return the event to a place of prominence by recruiting a competitive elite athlete field, and continue to elevate the LA Marathon to world class status.”

Nick

No comments: