Monday, August 3, 2009

How to make a great smoothie







As I train for the Chicago Marathon, I'm working with nutritionist Matt Mahowald of New Performance Nutrition. Following his program has been enlightening. I'm learning, and losing, a lot. Something like a pound per week. And my runs are that much easier. One of the most useful things Matt has turned me onto is his excellent Whey Protein Powder. Almost daily I'm rocking a low-calorie, high-protein smoothie. It goes like this:

Empty a glass full of ice into the blender
Follow that with two scoops New Performance Nutrition chocolate protein powder
Add a banana, and then a glass of water
Finish with a tablespoon of either almond butter or peanut butter
Blend away

Just the ticket as part of breakfast, a late afternoon snack or even as a late night protein boost.

Try it!

Peter

No comments: