Monday, July 13, 2009

Track Club LA




I don't know about you, but I find that putting in the long miles on my own can sometimes feel lonely and even boring. So what could be better than a group running workout? You can find me Tuesday evenings at Santa Monica High School for the Track Club LA track sessions. These are fun and social events where you'll push yourself much harder than you would on your own. Any runner, no matter how fast or slow, can benefit from some speed work. Coach Eric Barron handles everything, so you only need show up with your shorts and shoes. He has the workout divided into 3-4 groups in order to suit different paces. I've been doing repeat 400s at a 5K pace. The faster group is doing 800s, 1200s and 1600s, but the workouts change every week. It's a great way to get in better shape and have a good time while you're at it.

Peter

No comments: